BRILLIANT BEINGS uses yoga and gentle mindful movement with breath to anchor us fully into our bodies, along with breathing and sensory exercises, games, music, art and photography, storytelling and relaxation to help children experience the calming benefits of focusing their attention on now. These sessions are a lot of fun and offer children the most valuable of gifts; methods they can employ to help themselves become resilient in the face of life’s challenges and to experience mental, emotional and physical well-being.
Brilliant Beings sessions have no religious content and are suitable for all.
Sarah has completed the following training programmes;
- Calm for Kids; Teaching Yoga to Children (2.5-12yrs) 2013.
- Calm for Kids; Teaching Mindfulness and Meditation to Children 2013.
- MISA; Massage In Schools Programme Instructor 2015.
- Calm for Kids; Teaching Yoga to Teenagers 2016.
- Special Yoga; Special Yoga and Mindfulness for Autism and ADHD 2018.
- Special Yoga; Special Yoga for Vulnerable Young People 2020.
- Special Yoga; Special Somatic Movement 2020.
Sarah also qualified as a Reiki Master in 2019 after training to give treatments in 2010, is fully CRB checked and trained in paediatric first aid.
MENTALLY children can experience;
- improved focus, concentration and memory
- a calmer and quieter mind
- creative and imaginative stimulation
- better communication between the right and left brain hemispheres
- a more positive attitude
EMOTIONALLY children can experience;
- increased self-awareness and empathic understanding
- increased self-esteem and confidence as these activities are non competitive and inclusive of all personality types
- increased emotional stability
- a greater sense of calm, general well-being and happiness
PHYSICALLY children can experience;
- increased strength, stability, flexibility, co-ordination and balance in harmony with their natural development
- healthier skeletal posturing habits assisting in the healthy functioning of organs
- improved physical and energetic circulation and hormone regulation
- exercising the body in a balanced way working all muscle groups equally
- healthier sleep patterns